One of our customers sent me this great excerpt for an article and I had to share! What compelling reasons for being part of our Watergirl Quilt Co. Crew! We love our quilter circle of friends and invite you to learn with us on Facebook and at our workshops.
This part of an article that was written about the Lanark County Quilters from the 1940-70’s. I thought you might enjoy reading this. Thanks for always inspiring me to keep trying new things.
of an outstanding Quilter:
- They possess the patience and commitment to complete a long-term project such as a quilt
- They have the skill and precision to produce work with fine craftsmanship
- They have an artistic eye for good design
- They have tremendous self discipline to produce consistent stitching throughout the piece
- They have a natural gift of creativity and originality
- They have a rare ability to see connections in patterns, and to draw ideas from many sources
- They possess a high level of esthetic skills in order to situate patterns to set them off to their advantage
- They have the ability to focus on solutions, not on regrets. When they make mistakes, they learn from experience
- They experiment with open minds in order to improve
- They meaningfully communicate with others in the quilting circle to share ideas
- They create designs that have the power to withstand time
- Their works are easily distinguished from others of their own time
- They have the ability to portray light, perspective, color and space
- They teach others and pass down their knowledge
- They inspire others to be the best they can be!
These quilting legends of Lanark County passed down their knowledge, and left their legacy in the form of the beautiful quilts that they produced. They were the gifted artisans of their time, and will be remembered for their delicate stitching and colourful designs, works of art that will be handed down through families, for generations to come.